I'm highly experienced Software engineer with more than 10 years of progressive coding experience. My tools of choice are C++ and Python.
I am a true believer in simplicity and beauty. I love exploring nature and discovering new and exciting places around the world. I could get intense pretty quickly, but also be very warm and welcoming. I am really passionate about what I do and I put an extra care in everything.
Feel free to reach out if you need any programming help, or just wanna say Hi!
September 2015 - Present
Dev lead of Forensic Business Unit. Some of my responsibilities include:
- Working with VP of Engineering in defining product roadmap and strategy
- Working with PM and BU Director in understanding customers’ requirements and translating them into a viable set of features with clear use cases and expected behavior
- Devising new algorithms for Forensic use cases
- Working with 3rd party developers in integrating their SDKs and APIs into Ikena and vice-versa: integrating Ikena Forensic/Spotlight into their workflows
- Closely working with dev team based in Serbia in designing and developing new features for our Ikena Forensic and Spotlight products
One of the key Software Engineers in our Virginia office, responsible for:
- Core product algorithms design, development and maintenance:
- Video encoding and decoding (H.264/MPEG-2, MPEG2-TS/MPEG2-PS)
- Network video streaming (UDP Unicast/Multicast, RTSP)
- DirectShow filters design and development
- Support rapid prototyping of U.S. based R&D for Forensic and Commercial customers
- Helping with integration of MotionDSP product line into specific customers’ workflows (supporting Field Engineers in deploying of our products)
Core programming languages and technologies used: C++11 and C#, Microsoft DirectShow framework, .NET 4.5 with Windows Forms, 2d3 Sensing Tungsten media framework, Intel Integrated Performance Primitives (Intel IPP) and bunch of other 3rd party libraries and SDKs.
June 2011 - September 2015
I was one of the key people involved in DirectShow filters development for MotionDSP’s Ikena family of products. Some of my accomplishments include:
- Designed and developed video decoding subsystem: H.264/MPEG-2 CPU video decoders based on Intel Integrated Performance Primitives (IPP)
- Designed and implemented format agnostic reverse playback capability with trick play (supporting up to 16x playback speed)
- Project owner of StreamSource DirectShow filter used for low-latency playback of network streams (UDP/RTSP Media Acquisition, MPEG-TS demuxing, Video/Metadata decoding)
- Project owner of StreamSink DirectShow filter used for video delivery over the network (Video/Metadata encoding, MPEG-TS muxing, UDP network delivery)
- Designed and implemented real-time full motion video streaming and video processing algorithms
- Designed and implemented big image (4K+) support (decoding, processing) for our 64 bit video processing framework
- Optimized and improved complete DirectShow filters stack
- Introduced GIT and helped entire dev team efficiently transit to a new development model using feature-dev-master branching strategy
Main technologies and programming languages used: Microsoft DirectShow framework, 2d3Sensing Tungsten framework, Intel IPP, Windows SDK, Windows Sockets, RTSP, Multi-threading, C/C++, C++11, C# .NET, GIT.
January 2011 - April 2011
As part of my Master’s program required internship, I joined the team at Computational Intelligence & IT Lab at our Faculty. Some of the things I did there are:
- Organized a student’s programming competition in cooperation with our Department professors so the students who performed well on competition would get extra credit for “Programming languages” course. This was done together with other members of GNU Club.
- I tested some Computer Vision algorithms with Microsoft Kinect
- Finally I was part of a team who setup Microsoft Kinect as a virtual reality gateway to interactive manipulation with Windows applications
May 2010 - August 2010
I participated in Google Summer of Code 2010 program as Plone foundation intern. My project was “AJAXify PloneFormGen“.
I greatly enhanced one of the most popular Plone plugins and gave it Web 2.0 look. I created an AJAX ‘canvas’ where users could in real-time create their forms using the form elements available in the Widget/Toolbox bar.
Since this is an Open Source project, its source code is available on Github.
October 2007 - January 2009
We started Pixudo before you could even remotely think of Instagram. It was very simple and easy to use image hosting and enhancement website. User could upload a photo, apply some of the filters and see the result instantly. Pixudo gained traction pretty quickly, but never actually took off.
I was the Lead programmer who developed the initial version of the website, as well as the filters layer. Later I worked on branding and promotion.
2006 - 2012
Courses taken: Data Structures/Algorithms, Object Oriented Programming/Design, Linear Algebra, Calculus, Software Engineering, Databases, Compilers, Parallel Systems, etc.
GPA earned: 9/10
September 2009 - May 2010
Courses taken: Computer Graphics, Digital Signal Processing, Advanced Math For Engineers, Artificial Intelligence, Data Structures, Web Development Seminar.
GPA earned: 3.52/4
2004 - 2005
Participation in Winter, Spring and Summer seminars in Petnica Science Center (http://www.petnica.rs/) on Computer Science program.
The project I worked on there was a Visual Basic application that was used to skin any other VB application using a (back then) modern GUI elements provided by Flash.
- N. Mancevic, I. Mihajlovic, N. Andrejevic, M. Djokic, “Comparative Analysis of C/C++, Java, Python and LISP implementations of Greedy Algorithms for the Graph Coloring Problem“, ICEST Conference, Nis, June 2011
- N. Mancevic, “Symmetric-key Cryptography Algorithms”, Term Paper in Information Assurance & Security, Tennessee Tech University, April 2010
- N. Mancevic, “Unsharp Masking in Image Enhancement”, Term Paper in Digital Signal Processing, Tennessee Tech University, December 2009
- Best Master Thesis in the field of IT & Security, University of Nis, December 2012
- Vip Mobile d.o.o Scholarship “Be a VIP student”, April 2011
- Google Summer of Code 2010, May 2010 – August 2010
- USAID Scholarship ($30,000 worth) for one Academic year of studies at TNTech University, 2009-2010
- 1st place – Balkan Case Challenge International ICT Competition, Vienna, July 2009
- 1st place – Balkan Case Challenge Regional ICT Competition, Belgrade, April 2009
- Serbian – Mother tongue
- English – Proficiency level (Reading, Writing, Verbal)
- German – Basic level